[ubuntu-us-ma] Business Plan of Action for Ubuntu Professional Support & Distribution

David Wolfman dvwolfman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 01:07:58 BST 2010

Hi Ubuntu-us-ma Members and Ubuntu Users and Any Interested Parties,

I am beginning development of a Business Plan of Action for the distribution
of Ubuntu through a system of paid support. I hope this plan will help
myself and others make Ubuntu a sustainable resource for all, and further
the goals and spirit of what has been done with Ubuntu already. If anyone
has any resources or experiences with this type of matter, I am very open
and serious about taking into account your submissions and ideas. In fact I
invite them!

The timetable: I am giving myself roughly one month to research and compose
this Plan of Action document.
The basis: There is a need to establish a paid support/tier system or model
which allows for the provisions of support in the Ubuntu business model to
be actualized.
The application: After submitting for group approval, if approved, I will
personally attempt to make this model work beginning on a very small scale.

I hope this is a rational expression of what I wish to accomplish, that is
to create a Business model which allows for paid support to be successfully
implemented by people who can do it with a focus on the sustainability of
the human client and the human support provider.

Again, please submit suggestions, POI or research directly to me,

David Wolfman
dvwolfman at gmail.com