[ubuntu-us-ma] Approval and Leadership

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 01:30:59 BST 2010

Hey everyone,

A followup from my last email about the status of the Massachusetts
team.

A few people were upset about my honesty with the loco council with
regards to the activities of the LoCo team and felt that I was trying to
destroy everything by getting us disapproved.

This was not the case, I still hope to attend PiCon5 and LinuxCon and
other Ubuntu Hours organised by David Wolfman. They're a lot of fun. I
see no reason to stop the activity we have because of this minor set
back.

But I recognise that my time has been too divided between communities
and projects and it's time for me to step down as official contact and
leader of the team in the hope that someone with more time to dedicate
to the task can be elected.

There will be a discussion and vote on August 5th via IRC on channel
#ubuntu-us-ma at 7:30pm. If you consider yourself a member of the Ubuntu
community then you should attend and of course if you want to take the
leadership role, you should put your name forward at the meeting.

Thank you all for your hard work over the past 3 years, it's been a
blast and some of the events we've done have been amazingly popular.
Special thanks goes out to Steve Pomroy for helping out so much in the
early days, Mike Rushton for being the technical rock of the team, DPic,
guinea-pig, Jonathon, Bill and jrib for helping run events and attend
events and help out so consistently. I hope we can continue to make cool
stuff happen.

Regards, Martin Owens