[ubuntu-us-ma] Massachusetts: Approval

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 22:51:57 BST 2010

Hey Everyone,

There was a meeting today to decide if the Ubuntu-US-MA local community
team should be re-approved.

We didn't get re-approved, so we're now an unofficial LoCo team.

What does this mean?

Well it means that we won't get any more CDs from shipit or other
similar resources for our events, we'll have to use what we have or buy
what we don't.

If we want to get approved again then we'll need to be able to show that
this team is active and sustainable at a LoCo council meeting, since
we're the only active LoCo team in New England... I think this is
important to show that we can be active enough.

The LoCo council is fairly new and the re-approval process is going
through it's second cycle to make sure that teams are keeping their end
of the bargain and making sure people are active and committed to
spreading Ubuntu, educating, supporting and just having some fun at
various events and online activities.

As well as the general lack of activity in the team we also have a bad
track record for getting involved with the global activities and
initiatives, having members who are visible and know about the wider
community, we don't really have any representation at any University or
college and don't have any businesses or organisations involved with
events.

So we need to do quite a bit of work to get on track.

The LoCo council have pledged to offer help and idle in the LoCo IRC
channel to try and kickstart the team, please make them feel welcome
when you see them.

Well, it's a pretty sad day for MA, so I'm going to have a little think
about it all.

Best Regards, Martin Owens, official contact.