[ubuntu-us-ma] greeting

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 13:46:00 GMT 2010

Hello Caroline,

There are various people on here and I hope they will introduce
themselves. Most of the work we do is advocacy and education so only a
few of us are programmers, sysadmins etc.

We had a wonderful talk from Walter Bender a few years back and I fully
support the work Sugar labs is doing.

I'm a board member for the world wide Ubuntu Learning project, we are
attempting to create a community of writers who can produce learning
materials which can teach various skills in relation to Ubuntu. I'd
appreciate your thoughts on that project.
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/Learning

We're also doing a session on Tuesday evening and it might be a good
opportunity to meet up in person and have a talk afterwards about what
our groups are up to. This would be near Coply Sq. Boston.

Martin,