[ubuntu-us-ma] Tuesday 4pm at Sprout in Somerville - Please come help the One2One2Go project that will be providing computers and bootable USB sticks to a Somerville Housing Project

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Tue Dec 7 00:34:47 GMT 2010

Thank you for all the responses.  We are hoping to be quite an active
project so if you would like to help please let me know and I'll add you to
the Google group. I will start to use that for most annoucements so that I
don't put too much traffic onto this mailing list.
http://groups.google.com/group/one2one2go---somerville-ma

We have an image ready for download and testing. Instructions are here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gNOtu4EoZoSIttYJCx8x3AjK81ubXkoxmvGRVaTxsGc/edit?hl=en&authkey=CP7IkpQH

We are trying to build on the work that has been done by Edubuntu, SETC and
others and create a solution for children that is portable. To that end Ian
has worked out a system to have dropbox backup and restore all the user
files.  We are asking for testing on this feature. Instructions on how to
test are in that google doc.

Thanks again for the support! I hope you like this image it has lots of fun
programs preinstalled.

Cheers,
Caroline

--