[ubuntu-us-ma] I can haz release party?

James Gray jamespgray at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 19:40:26 BST 2010

Last Fall Martin (DoctorMo) & I organized it.  I am not sure who has done it
before that.

After doing it last time I volunteered to write up a check list type
document to record what I did.  So far it is very much a draft, but it can
give you some ideas as to how to organize a release.

https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AXdlcJKNlotZZG1yend3Ml8yMGY2azd6N2Ni&hl=en

If you can:
   a. select a date.  May 8 would give us enough time to get CDs etc but it
is your call since you are organizing :-)
   b. select a location and get reservations.  the globe is traditional
   c. put together a brief announcement with the details.

I can send the announcement to the appropriate lists and try and get the
word out.  Everything else should then fall in to place.