[ubuntu-us-ma] Software Freedom Day, This Saturday

felicia wichrowski felicia02652 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 13:50:17 BST 2009

Hey Martin,
I was excited to learn that the SFD corresponds with my the weekend my DAD
can cover the shop for me, and I have to come to Boston for a bead show.
How formal is the structure?  I imagined a  kinda street fair kinda thing,
but it looks far more formal, so I don't know i can just crash in at 2 in
the afternoon.  What's your experience
Thanks
Felicia

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 12:31 AM, Martin Owens <doctormo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> This is just a reminder that I look forward to seeing as many of you as
> possible at Boston's Software Freedom Day party in China Town:
>
> Software Freedom Day (http://softwarefreedomday.org/) is an
> international holiday dedicated to celebrating software freedom. New to
> GNU/Linux or just looking for some more tips on getting the most out of
> free software? We promise you'll learn something important if you
> attend.
>
> I am also writing to invite Boston locals to our SFD event. Boston SFD
> will be a day-long public event focused on celebrating software freedom.
> Last year we had an awesome event in Boston at Encuentro 5 in Chinatown
> (http://www.encuentro5.org/home/) and we'll be returning there this
> year. The festivities start at 10am and we'll finish at about 5:00p. I
> hope you can join us because Walter Bender, the founder and executive
> director of Sugar Labs, is our featured speaker. He'll be talking about
> "Turtle Art," the free software platform that's part of the Sugar
> operating system. It started shipping on the OLPC in 2007 and is
> intended as stepping stone to LOGO for kids.
>
> Regards, Martin

Felicia

CapesTreasures.com  now on Facebook
CatLadyDiary.com