[ubuntu-us-ma] Global Bug Jam event at MIT

Evan Broder broder at MIT.EDU
Sun Sep 27 08:56:27 BST 2009

Hi everybody -

As I'm sure many of you are aware, the Ubuntu Global Jam[1] is coming up
this weekend. Since it doesn't look like there's been a Massachusetts
event planned, the MIT Student Information Processing Board[2] (SIPB),
i.e. the student computing group on campus, is planning to host an event
at MIT, and anybody in the area is more than welcome to show up.

It's my understanding that the Global Jam is going to involve a lot of
testing and documentation, in addition to more direct bug fixing, so
hopefully the event will have opportunities for anyone who comes to
contribute.

Unfortunately, due to poor planning on my part, I don't have a specific
location on campus yet for the event, but I should in a few days, and
I'll be able to provide maps and so forth.

Regardless of where it happens, we'll be starting at 2 PM on Saturday
(Oct. 3), and continuing until whenever everybody leaves, which is
traditionally no earlier than 10 PM or so. (Apologies to those of you
who have Real Jobs/Real Lives/Real Schedules/etc - students live on
unusual schedules).

Thanks,
 - Evan Broder
   MIT SIPB Vice Chair