[ubuntu-us-ma] September Meeting

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 03:51:13 BST 2009

OK these are just the quick notes of what we got out of it.

Firstly I'd like to thank SETC for allowing us to host our meeting there
in our time of need. But recent changes in SETC scheduling means that we
can no longer hold a meeting from 7pm to 9pm when the building shuts at
8:30pm. The problem with holding it earlier is that people can't make it
in time, especially if they work full time and travel in, people even
had trouble getting to this meeting at 7pm so starting it at 6:30 will
just make things worse.

Because of this, I'm going to spend my full time working on the problem
and hopefully we can find an accommodation for our meetings somewhere
else. As a fall back location we'll hold the meeting online and forego
physical meetings until it's resolved.

The Harvard Sq Burkman Center sounded very interesting since they have
access to internet, I will phone them tomorrow and see what can be
arranged.

All the Best Martin,