[ubuntu-us-ma] Software Freedom Day, This Saturday

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 05:31:46 BST 2009

Hey guys,

This is just a reminder that I look forward to seeing as many of you as
possible at Boston's Software Freedom Day party in China Town:

Software Freedom Day (http://softwarefreedomday.org/) is an
international holiday dedicated to celebrating software freedom. New to
GNU/Linux or just looking for some more tips on getting the most out of
free software? We promise you'll learn something important if you
attend.

I am also writing to invite Boston locals to our SFD event. Boston SFD
will be a day-long public event focused on celebrating software freedom.
Last year we had an awesome event in Boston at Encuentro 5 in Chinatown
(http://www.encuentro5.org/home/) and we'll be returning there this
year. The festivities start at 10am and we'll finish at about 5:00p. I
hope you can join us because Walter Bender, the founder and executive
director of Sugar Labs, is our featured speaker. He'll be talking about
"Turtle Art," the free software platform that's part of the Sugar
operating system. It started shipping on the OLPC in 2007 and is
intended as stepping stone to LOGO for kids.

Regards, Martin