[ubuntu-us-ma] Join the Ubuntu Massachusetts Local Community

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 23:03:38 BST 2009

Hey Ben,

Great to hear from you.

On Fri, 2009-09-04 at 14:13 -0400, Ben wrote:
> I'd be willing to teach familiarity lessons in the Boston area (I'm in
> Medford). What does that entail? I haven't really done anything with
> the group before.

OK so familarity lessons are very easy, you sit next to one or two
students and you walk them through a scripted introduction of all the
immediate operating system features. Where programs are, how to add new
programs, what free software means, what the networking icon does etc
and usually it takes about an hour to go through with the more elderly
students.

Does this still sound interesting?

Best Regards, Martin Owens