[ubuntu-us-ma] Join the Ubuntu Massachusetts Local Community

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 15:39:26 BST 2009

Hey Massachusetts Advocates,

Do you have some free time coming up? A burning desire to help the
Ubuntu community and education and inform the public about their
computing options?

If you live and/or work in Massachusetts and use Ubuntu, then your
exactly the kind of person we need to help with the Massachusetts Local
Community. In particular these are the outstanding jobs:

 * Volunteers to teach Ubuntu familiarity lessons, Tuesday evenings
 * Programmers to help out with the website (python)
 * organizer for the Karmic Release Party
 * organizer for an Installfest
 * organizer for Ubuntu Jam Week events (bug day, etc)
 * Writer and editor for news and events to go on website and sent to
list.
 * Social networking co-ordinator to official be the one to post news
and hype up everything to all social networking outlets.
 * Satellite organizers to get other towns and cities organized into
using Ubuntu.

If you can help, then reply here, we need to hear from dedicated
individuals who want to see Ubuntu and Free and Open source software
succeed in Massachusetts. Because we _do_ need your help, we don't have
enough dedicated people to do good events and fix some of the technical
issues.

Please get in touch,

Martin Owens, Lead Organizer