[ubuntu-us-ma] PayPal vs The Point, Anime Boston Update!

Danny Piccirillo danny.piccirillo at ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 23 09:32:05 BST 2009

Hey everyone,

We need help deciding on what to use for fundraising for anime boston.
Here's a comparison i made:
*The Point* *PayPal*Uses threshold
pledge<http://blog.thesilentnumber.me/2009/06/fund-your-project-with-threshold-pledge.html>
encourage donations Donations go straight to us Findraiser widget providedHave
to create our own progress widget 5% FeeNo fees for non-profits? Requires
re-entering credit card infoEveryone already has it
I'm leaning towards the point, but Martin is opposed. Can others weigh in on
this?

Also, if we're going to be at AB, we need people to man the booth! I'll be
behind the video camera for a good amount of time, so i need help from
people willing to hand stuff out, do live installs, demonstrations, talk to
people, etc. Two passes are included in the booth price but additional ones
are $40. Who is planning on helping out?

Please review the blog post:
http://docs.google.com/View?id=ajdqhbdzgsdj_1213h4th6c8
and press release: http://docs.google.com/View?id=ajdqhbdzgsdj_12159n6bgrdx
and let me know what you think!

Finally, here's a draft of my letter to the SETC:

Hello,

> My name is Danny Piccirillo and i am a member of the Ubuntu Massachusets
> Team. I'm planning a campaign to promote Ubuntu at the upcoming Anime Boston
> convention and i was wondering if the SETC, being a non-profit, could
> provide expertise in planning for the event. Basically, we at least want to
> raise enough money, $3,350 for 16,000 copies of the Ubuntu manga, a
> Japanese-style comic book to distribute at the convention. We'd be happy to
> advertise the SETC and promote classes there if you could help us process
> donations. Details on the project plans are here:
> http://docs.google.com/View?id=ajdqhbdzgsdj_1213h4th6c8

> Please let me know if you are interested! Thanks,

.danny

--
☮♥Ⓐ - http://www.google.com/profiles/danny.piccirillo