[ubuntu-us-ma] Today's Advocacy

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 10:07:28 BST 2009

Hey Guys,

Today's Job will be to take a look at the Ubiquity preseeding
documentation below and figure out how to make our PXE boot boot to the
graphical desktop installer with options answered similar to our
existing kickseed configuration which is technically deprecated.

http://wiki.ubuntu.org.cn/UbuntuWiki:MeetingLogs/openweekhardy/PreseedingUbiquity

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbiquityAutomation

The best thing to do is to download Karmic beta for the mirror and work
on making that into our installer. I think the system we use for
automatic installs at the SETC is important and has been so very useful.
Especially since we now have a floppy disk which boots PXE on any
machine, even old machines.

If you'd like to get involved with this activity, please do come
tomorrow to the SETC* at 6pm-8:30pm and work with us. I think Me, Tim
and Scott should be there and working on this or OpenLDAP pam clients (I
don't think we can all work on it).

See you there!

Best Regards, Martin Owens

* 359 Columbus Ave, Boston, MA