[ubuntu-us-ma] Installing Karmic Koala

Bill Simonds wtsimonds at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 21:35:33 BST 2009

Thanks for the robust response.

I have this weird, powered antenna for wireless that replaces the low
powered laptop antenna. It is made by Realtek. Wouldn't work quite
right under 9.04. It wouldn't power up to boost your broadcast signal
strength. Under the Karmic CD, it powered right up, and gave me a 100%
connect strength.

Doubt if I'll need it, though. Comcast is now giving high speed
(10mps) internet for $19.99/mo for first 12 months. No contract or
penalty for termination before the 12 months. That is so much better
deal than I was getting. Verizon has a similar deal. 12mo/$19.99/mo.

So with the war on between V & C, I'll not be using the wireless ISP I had.

Those deals are worth checking out if you're unaware of 'em. They say
in their adds that it's for 6 months, but if you call 'em up and
demand 12 mo @ 19.99 they'll give it to you, at least Comcast will.