[ubuntu-us-ma] Promoting Ubuntu

Rami Taibah taibah at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 09:39:19 BST 2009

Hey guys,

Sorry I never introduced myself, I am Rami originally from Saudi Arabia but
in Boston now (well in Saudi now for vacation, coming back in a week, but
you get the idea.) I have met Martin and the guys at the Star Trek IMAX
meetup, sadly I was late and ended up watching it alone.

Anyways, I have been reading this thread and it really caught my attention,
and would really love to help. I am good with marketing and social media
(especially Digg and Twitter.)

I am not sure if you guys are aware of this, but have you ever heard of the
Extremadura province in Spain and their exploits in with Linux? They
completely migrated to FOSS in their schools and governments. I actually did
an interview with one of their lead devs, and published it on my blog. It is
a really interesting read. We should take these guys learnings and see if we
can apply them here.

http://linuxologist.com/general/an-interview-with-an-extremadura-developer-bringing-linux-to-the-masses/

Blog: http://blog.ramitaibah.com
Linux Blog: http://linuxologist.com