[ubuntu-us-ma] Wednesday Evenings

jay at lentecs.com jay at lentecs.com
Sat Oct 10 01:28:10 BST 2009

Actually they gave free copies of windows to people who signed up to throw a party.  They only did so many per area but there are a lot of them going on.  Its actually a pretty go way to build support for new releasrs, which is why so many foss communities do it.  Not to mention they are doing $30 student editions and $150 family 3 packs, they are really pushing hard to get conusmers to upgrade. Windows 7 is going to make it more difficult for consumer linux distros, and likely wipe out many of the netbook distros.  Finally from what I have seen its the best os to come out of redmond in a long time.