[ubuntu-us-ma] The linux distribution Fedora?

Conner Finlay cfinlay at gmail.com
Fri May 29 01:06:04 BST 2009

I currently have Fedora 10 on my laptop and soon to be Fedora 11.In my
opinion Fedora is a great distro for everyone, and can be used on
laptops, desktops, and servers alike. On my laptop
everything(including wifi) worked right out of the box for me, in
addition I have never had an issue with yum.

If you are planning on putting Fedora on a server though, I would
prefer CentOS. I prefer the Red Hat based distros because most
businesses, if they have Linux servers tend to be Red Hat based. As a
student entering the workforce in a few years I need a job, so I
figured I should be well versed in Fedora/CentOS. Although if you want
a good fun challenge, installed Open/FreeBSD on your server :p

-Conner

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Chris Butler <chrisbutler72 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think Doc Kinne hit most of the points I would have made, except I have
> less fear of Wireless with Ubuntu.
> Other than that the only difference I would point out is the software
> repositories and how the distro's access them.
>
> I am a much bigger fan of Ubuntu's apt-get than Fedora yum... but thats just
> me and I was indoctrinated with debian.
> Try it out... you can always make a virtual test with vbox.
>
> -Chris

Conner Finlay