[ubuntu-us-ma] Code Project Serving Suggestions...

Doc Kinne kinnerc at gmail.com
Wed May 27 15:52:02 BST 2009

Folks:

First of all, thanks to everyone who answered my email. About 2 hours
later Sourceforge "saw the light" and approved my project, so we're set.

Paul, my ex in NH mentioned Savannah and I looked at it. I wasn't
going with that because while our project is AGPL 3.0 it will run, and
is supposed to run, on both open and closed source platforms. Unless I
read it wrong, Savannah seems to want free software that will run in
free environments.

On 26 May , 2009, at 10:59, Sean Sosik-Hamor wrote:
> I'd say Launchpad, but I'm biased. ;) No worries if you don't consider
> your software Ubuntu-related; Launchpad is there for free hosting of
> any
> open source project regardless of target audience. If you're already
> familiar with Launchpad (it sounds like you are) there's no reason to
> learn a whole new admin interface.

Thanks, Sean. After VStar was approved by Sourceforge I decided on my
own to do a small, educational project on Launchpad. My programing
training was thousands of (computer) years ago (mid-80s), but because
of the small amount of programming I do in my job now I can look into
getting back into it and wanted to see how development might be done
in a modern environment. The application process was simple,
straightforward, and seemingly self-approved. I'm trying to figure out
now how to do an SVN repository and how that relates to Bizaar, if at
all. I'm going through the docs. Like I said, its an educational
project.  :-)

Thanks folks!
---
Richard "Doc" Kinne • Rikardo «Dokĉjo» KINNE, BA, MSc., AMAAS
<kinnerc @ gmail.com>  (sent from Ananda)
"I'm the Doctor, and you're in the biggest library in the universe.
Look me up!"
- The Doctor
"Forests of the Dead," Doctor Who