[ubuntu-us-ma] Ubuntu 8.04.2 LTS - Perfect Video!

Doc Kinne kinnerc at gmail.com
Thu May 7 05:07:54 BST 2009

Folks:

JUST finished installing Ubuntu 8.04.2LTS on the same machine that has
been giving me video trouble with Ubuntu 9.04. The install went like
silk and the machine rebooted stunningly in a 1024x768 screen
resolution first time!!

I took a look at the xorg.conf and it said:

Section "Device"
	Identifier		"Configured Video Device"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier		"Configured Monitor"
EndSection

Section	"Screen"
	Identifier		"Default Screen"
	Monitor		"Configured Monitor"
	Device		"Configured Video Device"
EndSection

Or, in other words, as far as the display is concerned, nothing of note.

So, usually I'm convinced that I've done something wrong, but is this
a bug? If so, how should I report it (never reported a bug before).
---
Richard "Doc" Kinne • Rikardo «Dokĉjo» KINNE, BA, MSc., AMAAS
<kinnerc @ gmail.com>
"I'm the Doctor, and you're in the biggest library in the universe.
Look me up!"
- The Doctor
"Forests of the Dead," Doctor Who