[ubuntu-us-ma] "Video Killed the Radio Star..."

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Wed May 6 19:26:53 BST 2009

Hey Doc,

the xorg conf is meant to be empty, it's mostly generated on the fly
these days.

It sounds like the xrandr can't get your monitor specs, so I hope you
have them to hand. You can either repair the link between your video
card and monitor (in order to enable i2c/ddc) or manually put the
details into xorg conf and wire everything up yourself.

I'd go for getting the drivers for your video card right, what are they?

Regards, Martin Owens