[ubuntu-us-ma] Laptop needed

J.M. "Peng" Hardin peng.thinkblue at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 16:19:00 GMT 2009

I know I haven't been very active in the LoCo, mainly because my evenings
are 100% unavailable due to my housing situation, but I wanted to send this
out to the group in case someone can help me with it.

One of the main things I've been doing with Ubuntu (besides running my blog)
is to help test new builds and help update the docs for the Mac4Lin project.
Unfortunately all of the work I'd been doing was on my desktop computer and
as of last Monday I've been unable to get to my desktop. I'm afraid I don't
see that situation changing anytime soon. If anyone has a laptop computer
that they're looking to pass on, I'd be grateful to be its recipient. I
don't need a very fast laptop, just something that can run Ubuntu and has a
USB port for the USB WiFi device I bought in January. RAM and HD capacity
isn't that important, because I've used under a gig of RAM as recently as
December and I can adjust again. My desktop has about 80 GB of hard drive
space, but I can probably make due with anywhere from 20-50 GB of space. It
would simply mean I wouldn't have all of my video and audio files, but it
would be better than what I have now, which is an hour a day at the BPL on
comps that run IE6 on WinXP. (Yuck!)

If anyone has something that would fit my needs I can pick it up anywhere
that is accessible from the MTBA subway or bus service. I am limited to
having to head down to JP by about 5:30 or so, but I would be grateful to be
able to pick up any laptop I could use.

--
J.M. "Peng" Hardin
My Blog: http://nancib.wordpress.com/