[ubuntu-us-ma] Ubuntu/Free Software businesses (was Re: Ubuntu Geek Squad)

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 19:15:58 BST 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-26 at 14:00 -0400, Danny Piccirillo wrote:

> Martin said that business discussion should be taken off-list to avoid
> confusion between outside businesses and volunteer LoCo projects.
> Please correct me if i'm wrong or add more to this

That is correct, promoting the Ubuntu business on the list is fine
(within editorial reason) but what is not ok is organizing said
business, conducing business affairs or making deals on the list. Those
should be kept between the interested parties and not broadcast to the
200 volunteer list subscribers.

> Most importantly, is there, and should there be, an official policy
> for Ubuntu LoCo's to follow regarding this kind of thing?

AFAIK they pretty much have the same policy.

Regards, Martin