[ubuntu-us-ma] Ubuntu/Free Software businesses (was Re: Ubuntu Geek Squad)

Danny Piccirillo danny.piccirillo at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 26 19:00:25 BST 2009

I was planning on creating a new mailing list (perhaps using Google Groups)
for either Ubuntu/Free Software businesses in MA, or just for organizing the
Ubuntu Geek Squad business this thread was created for (until we plan out
enough to start a website), but first i wanted to clarify why this should be
done.
Martin said that business discussion should be taken off-list to avoid
confusion between outside businesses and volunteer LoCo projects. Please
correct me if i'm wrong or add more to this

On the other hand, couldn't the fact that this is a business discussion be
clarified? I'm not sure i see the problem with business discussions. I don't
see business discussion overruning other discussion on the team anytime
soon. Not to mention it can be great for us to promote businesses like
System76

Most importantly, is there, and should there be, an official policy for
Ubuntu LoCo's to follow regarding this kind of thing?

http://www.google.com/profiles/danny.piccirillo