[ubuntu-us-ma] Looking for a Wireless Network Adapter for a DELL Latitude C610 Laptop

David Greenberg dgreenberg at maxdora.com
Fri Jun 26 14:33:32 BST 2009

Has anyone heard of (or had any experience with):

http://www.linuxemporium.co.uk/products/wireless/

They appear to have experience with Linux compatible wireless devices.  I've
also not heard of Edimax.

Dave

Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 15:01:21 -0400
From: Daniel Hollocher <danielhollocher at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-us-ma] Looking for a Wireless Network Adapter for
       a       DELL Latitude C610 Laptop
To: Ubuntu Massachusetts Local Community Team
       <ubuntu-us-ma at lists.ubuntu.com>

I purchased an ath9k based pci card myself, soon after I heard the
drivers were going open source (based on some sort of naive excited
craze I suppose).

It was up an down at first as to how well they worked.  Now things are
quite settled.  There is one last bug, which is that my card will
refuse to connect for awhile.  It will have to retry 10-15 times and
_then_ it will connect.  Or, I can disable and re-enable wireless, and
then it will connect.

Other than that, I still think its cool to have a card with an OS
driver, integrated into the kernel.  (I've heard that will give me
automatic access to mesh networking standards)

Dan