[ubuntu-us-ma] Looking for a Wireless Network Adapter for a DELL Latitude C610 Laptop

Daniel Hollocher danielhollocher at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 20:01:21 BST 2009

I purchased an ath9k based pci card myself, soon after I heard the
drivers were going open source (based on some sort of naive excited
craze I suppose).

It was up an down at first as to how well they worked.  Now things are
quite settled.  There is one last bug, which is that my card will
refuse to connect for awhile.  It will have to retry 10-15 times and
_then_ it will connect.  Or, I can disable and re-enable wireless, and
then it will connect.

Other than that, I still think its cool to have a card with an OS
driver, integrated into the kernel.  (I've heard that will give me
automatic access to mesh networking standards)

Dan

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 11:35 PM, DAVID GREENBERG<dgreenberg at maxdora.com> wrote:
> I am currently running Xubuntu 8.10 on a DELL Latitude C610 Laptop and am
> looking for a wireless network adapter (USB or PCMCIA)  for connecting with
> my WAP that uses WPA - PSK network authentication.  I've seen some of the
> sites regarding hardware compatibility, (i.e.
> http://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/net/wireless/cards.html) but was wondering
> if anyone had any suggestions.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave

In science and in mind, the impossible and the hasn't-happened-yet are
indistinguishable.