[ubuntu-us-ma] Good Uses for a Nice Camcorder?

Mick Timony mick.timony+ubuntuforums at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 15:48:20 BST 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 3:07 AM, Danny Piccirillo <
danny.piccirillo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anybody have good ideas for some video projects? I recently got a *very*nice video camera (pretty much the nicest handheld/non-pro camcorder there
> is), so i'm excited to put it to good use.

Do you mind if I ask which video cam you got? I ask, because I need to get a
good, but non-pro camera for recording events at work.

> An idea that could incorporate the use of a camera that was brought up a
> while back was a public ubuntu display, perhaps in Faneuil Hall, where we
> would have some very nice, very pretty Ubuntu machines set up for people to
> look at. We would show people what it is capable of, talk to them about free
> software, give out CD's, and record the entire thing. Positive reeactions
> could be compiled into a promotional video, and negative ones could be kept
> for making Ubuntu better.

Do you need to get people's permission to record them?

> Any other ideas? I'd let Martin use it for his weekly YouTube posts (are
> those still happening?), but that would simply be too much back-and-forth =[
>
> --
> http://www.google.com/profiles/danny.piccirillo

Mick Timony
---
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. --
S. Beckett
---