[ubuntu-us-ma] Who's experienced with offering Ubuntu conversions?

Cam Cope maccam94 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 07:05:23 BST 2009

Quicken only has a Bronze rating on Crossover, and it's spotty with Wine as
well. There are UI issues even when it "works".

iPods *do* work right out of an Ubuntu install. I'm not sure if the iPod
Classic (6G) works without a command line script now.
iPhones/iPod Touch with firmware 2.x or lower can be synced with Ubuntu, but
it's tricky to set up. There is currently no way to sync to iPhones/Touches
with firmware 3.x. I don't think Jailbreaking has much to do with the actual
music transfer.

-Cam