[ubuntu-us-ma] Google Maps Listing

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 00:55:11 BST 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-02 at 18:11 -0400, Danny Piccirillo wrote:
> I've had a Google Maps listing at my home address for "Ubuntu Computer
> Support" and i've recieved three calls since putting it up. The first
> call came at an inopportune time and so i gave them my email but never
> heard back. Second call was looking for a company that apparently does
> Ubuntu Computer Support and had me confused with them. The most recent
> call, today, was looking for lessons, and i directed them to the team
> website and told them about the SETC on Tuesdays.

You could have also redirected them to me, since I offer training
sessions privately too. There is not zn Ubuntu Computer Support"
business other than Canonical that operates in this state as far as I
know.

> I thought this was pretty cool and was wondering what you guys
> thought. Unfortunately, there's no way to share a business listing so
> that multiple people can edit it, but let me know if i should make
> changes to it.

In this case, you should take it down and we should make a group google
account which will be operated by the group. Passwords held by those who
currently hold passwords and access to the mailing list, launchpad and
other services our LoCo runs on. It's never a good idea to limit a
service to one person who may disappear or get run over at any time.

Regards, Martin