[ubuntu-us-ma] Google Maps Listing

Danny Piccirillo danny.piccirillo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 23:11:51 BST 2009

I've had a Google Maps listing at my home address for "Ubuntu Computer
Support" and i've recieved three calls since putting it up. The first
call came at an inopportune time and so i gave them my email but never
heard back. Second call was looking for a company that apparently does
Ubuntu Computer Support and had me confused with them. The most recent
call, today, was looking for lessons, and i directed them to the team
website and told them about the SETC on Tuesdays.

I'm just not looking at the stats for the listing, and looking at 1
weeks worth of data, it showed up in 37 people's local searches and 5
people actually clicked on it. I've changed the listing to the SETC's
address and team website so that more people will find it, but i left
the phone number and email address my own since the team doesn't have
a number, and i don't think the mailing list address would be an
appropriate email to provide.

I thought this was pretty cool and was wondering what you guys
thought. Unfortunately, there's no way to share a business listing so
that multiple people can edit it, but let me know if i should make
changes to it.

--
http://www.google.com/profiles/danny.piccirillo