Classes Poster

Ralph deGennaro rmdegennaro at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 06:15:54 GMT 2009

Hey all,

Working late and tired ... so bare that in mind with my comments.

I kinda get the impression that "Open Source" is used more then FOSS as
well.  I think I usually use it more then FOSS in casual conversation too.

I'm liking FOSS though because its shorter, and not asking people to process
too much.  It might be easier to remember.  And certainly better then FLOSS;
like "is that something I do with my teeth?".  :-)  But frequency and
consistency also guide the "branding process".  And we want to capitalize on
other efforts besides our own.  So, since this is verbiage (as opposed to
"logo text"), perhaps this is better:

"Your answer may be found in Free and Open Source Software (FOSS);
specifically Ubuntu Linux."

Its a bit wordy, but has both in it.  I'm up too late and too tired to see
how it fits.  Maybe tomorrow before the meeting.  Or if someone else has
time.

BTW, that was actually what I was thinking in saying "Ubuntu Linux".  Short,
to the point, easy to remember, branding for Ubuntu and capitalizing on the
branding already in place with Linux in general.  But I don't have an MBA,
and the techniques aren't drilled into my head...

Oh, and for the last sentence, how about:

"Come down to the South End Tech Center (SETC) for free classes and CD's."

Best,
Rio