Backup Backup Backup???

Michael Terry mike at mterry.name
Thu Jan 29 00:46:34 GMT 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 7:22 PM, jimi o'beirne <jimobeirne at gmail.com> wrote:
> I really don't want to have to do anymore reinstalls!! And, I feel even
> better going to bed tonight (oh ya, it's my birthday today!!!) knowing I
> have a good, solid backup....

I like duplicity [1] for a command line backup tool.

At the risk of being boorish, I'll also suggest software I maintain: a
GUI frontend to duplicity called Déjà Dup [2].  Déjà Dup is aimed at
casual desktop users and may be a more user-friendly way of setting up
your backup solution.  But it sounds like you're pretty comfortable
with the command line, and since Déjà Dup is not 100% mature (doesn't
yet promise not to eat your babies), maybe just duplicity is best.

[1] http://duplicity.nongnu.org/
[2] https://launchpad.net/deja-dup

-mt