Classes Poster

Ralph deGennaro rmdegennaro at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 17:05:01 GMT 2009

Hi all,

The target audience was to be people looking for computer classes.  So we
thought that putting that in the tag would get their attention better then
just the word free.  We could then talk about FOSS philosophy during the
class.

Also, the post itself looks different on my Mac as well as Linux machines
then what I saw Martin doing last night at the SETC.  Strange.

The words were a trimming from another poster.  I agree, we can word things
a bit better for this situation.  I had thought something like:

"Do you wish you could do more on computer without having to buy a new one?
Ever wonder how to keep your computer young and healthy?
Are you tired of dealing with viruses?  Or do you want your computer to be
more stable?

Your answer may be found in Free Software (FOSS); specifically Ubuntu Linux.

Ubuntu Linux is a complete modern operating system for desktop and laptop
computers.
Thousands of software packages are included or free to install with a few
easy clicks.

Classes and CDs for Ubuntu Linux can currently be found at the South End
Technical Center (SETC)."

Oh, last, we found some pricing for printing from the same folks that the
SETC use:
Next Entertainment Graphics <http://nexgraphix.com/>
778 Tremont St
Boston, MA 02118
(617) 572-3326
Promoter Pack $300 = 5000 flyers (2.75 x 4.25) + 50 posters (11 x 17)
Posters (11 x 17) > 100 = $1.50 per / > 250 = $1.00 per
Flyers (2.75 x 4.25) > 250 = $47.00, > 500 = $77.00

Best,
Rio