Classes Poster

Paul Smith paul at mad-scientist.us
Wed Jan 28 15:04:12 GMT 2009

On Wed, 2009-01-28 at 06:12 -0500, Jay Fulton wrote:
> suggest that the word "free" appear completely against the white
> background in the tag.  When I viewed it, it appeared partly in the
> brown, rendering it less readable to a quick glance.

That's funny: when I view it the "Free" is in the white, but the
"Computer" is too long to fit into the tag and extends past it onto the
brown border, which looks kind of bad.  Not sure how different viewers
would show this differently, since it's SVG.  At any rate, I think the
tag needs to be larger or the font size needs to be reduced.

Also, I think this text is not clear:

"Have you ever wished your computer would not get viruses, and become
more and more unstable as time goes on?"

To me the comma separates these clauses and the placement of the "not"
makes it apply to the first clause only (not get viruses), leaving the
second to be affirmative ("Have you ever wished your computer would
become more and more unstable as time goes on?") which is definitely not
what you're aiming for (I hope!!)

Maybe something like:

"Have you ever wished your computer was not susceptible to viruses, and
did not become slower and less stable the more you used it?"

Good stuff!