update from Girl Seeking Geek

jay at lentecs.com jay at lentecs.com
Fri Jan 23 18:47:40 GMT 2009

Welcome felicia.

First off cape cod is still ma =p and even if it wasn't you would still be welcome at the meeting.

Second I have never had an issue with the synaptic touchpad on either of my ubuntu based dells, even after upgrading to 8.10 so I know they work. They sensitivity is adjustable though and shouldn't be that hard to fix. Though I'm at work so can't walk you through it at the moment.

As for the popups the last page of the tech support wizzard it says virus in big red letters I'm sure. Anything that doesn't fit neatly into their help info is a virus. However as martin has sugested its likely a rogue function key signial. Mostlikely the keyboard or the touchpad.