Error message with Ubuntu 8.10

Aaron Goodrum goodsupport at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 03:13:58 GMT 2009

Support,

I have 2 issues on 2 different systems.  First, I have a new system with
an i7 965 Extreme chip with 6GB of memory running Windows Vista 64bit
and I used the WUBI installer.  Installed without a hitch, until I
rebooted into Ubuntu 8.10.  I receive an error message, "No root file
system is defined.
Please correct this from the partitioning menu."

The other issue is I'm using Ubuntu on my MacBook Pro, 2.5GHz with 4GB
of RAM with VMWare's Fusion....and I'm not able to enable any desktop
apperance features.  I don't know why.  Thanks.