question from ed

jimi o'beirne jimobeirne at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 13:05:12 GMT 2009

I use Samba on my Ubuntu system to share to Windows and can easily
access my Windows dirs from Places/Network.

Have also installed my Canon MP830 all in one and my HP laser Jet 4 Plus
from my windows box onto my Ubuntu and can printer from both. (With the
HPLJ I had to do some digging but found the trick was to use the "HP
LaserJet 4 Plus Foomatic/ljet4" driver)

Jim O'Beirne