Please vote for protocol icons back in pidgin

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 18:43:35 GMT 2009

Hey Rio,

The history is that they removed a bunch of features from Pidgin because
of gnome style guidelines that they follow in a religious manner. Not
only bringing a bad name to FOSS development, but also to the manner in
which programmers treat their users in general. Their attitude is one of
dismissal and egotistical argument.

Even the compromise of reintroducing features as either a plug-in or as
an optional setting, were met with undue argument and resistance.

This caused a fork of the project by those who wanted to see these
features put back in and in part to show what is good about Open Source.
If your a jerk, your project will be taken away from you and people with
manners and brains will develop it from there.

I must constantly remind my fellow programmers, that the users are KING.
You might get users who are jerks, but most of the time, what they want
(and are willing to pay for) is worth your time to consider. Even if it
goes against your grandiose vision of style "fung-sway".

Regards, Martin