[ubuntu-us-ma] Downloading music and videos?

jimi o'beirne jimobeirne at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 20:13:31 GMT 2009

Hey folks
Have my uber-dell all loaded up and running Ubuntu finally. Looking for
a good program for downloading music and videos (iTunes-like?)?

Have been able to copy so e of my beloved Evanescance videos over and
using Totem to play them, awesome!

The "uber-dell":
Dell XPS 710 h2c
Dual quad overclocked to 3.2ghz
2x 500G hdd in RAID 0, additional 500G with Ubuntu
4g ram
2x Nvidia 8800gtx in SLI
Creative Soundblaster x-fi
5 speaker surround sound logitech system
dell 24 inch wide screen LCD monitor

Also have Sun Virtual Box running with an XP VM so I can manage my ESX
server and Lefthand Networks SAN and another with OpenSolaris so I can
start getting some Unix experience.

Man, with Ubuntu finally working on this, THIS is what computing
*should* be! :-)

Have also gotten Ubuntu loaded onto my MacBook Pro as dual boot with
rEFIt and a lot of help from Rio, (thanks man!) That's running fast and
furious and using KVM to dual screen with the macbook and the 24 inch
wide screen.  SWEET.....

Jim