[ubuntu-us-ma] ATTEN: CARL | Re: Anime Boston Sponsorship

Danny Piccirillo danny.piccirillo at ubuntu.com
Wed Dec 2 04:09:22 GMT 2009

Hey Tom,

I assume there was no response? Could we try again since this is officially
happening and we will have a booth secured for the event soon?

Announcement:
http://blog.thesilentnumber.me/2009/11/can-ubuntu-reach-over-16000-anime.html
Press release: http://www.ubuntu-massachusetts.com/news/1/
Project page: http://linuxfund.org/projects/ubuntu/

We're also gotten press coverage! We've been
slashdotted<http://entertainment.slashdot.org/story/09/11/25/0124246/Ubuntu-Reaching-Out-To-16000-Anime-Lovers>
and
our local team leader, Martin Owens, was just
interviewed<http://doctormo.wordpress.com/2009/12/01/bbc-radio-interview/>
by BBC
Radio Live’s Pods and Blogs <http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/pods> show
where he talked about Ubuntu, the Ubunchu manga, and the up and coming Anime
Boston event.
http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/fivelive/pods/pods_20091201-0330a.mp3

Anything that System76 could provide would be greatly appreciated! A couple
of machines to borrow for demonstration purposes would be useful, but if
they're willing to really contribute, we could use anything they're willing
to spare-- hosting our button on the System76 website, donating money,
donating hardware like USB drives or a machine we could sell/aution/raffle
off, etc.

Any support would be great, so please let me know if we can partner up for
this!

Thanks,
.danny