[ubuntu-us-ma] Anime Boston Sponsorship

Danny Piccirillo danny.piccirillo at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 28 01:19:57 BST 2009

Hey everyone, here's a draft for an email to system76 asking them for help
at anime boston next year. Let me know what you think or if there's anything
else i should add!

Hello,
My name is Danny from the Ubuntu Massachusetts
Team<http://www.ubuntu-massachusetts.com> and
we will be having a booth at Anime Boston 2010 <http://animeboston.com/> in
April which i was hoping we could work together for. Last year, we went in
and dropped off 50 copies of the Ubunchu
Manga<http://doctormo.wordpress.com/2009/04/02/ubunchu-the-ubuntu-manga-is-now-in-english/>
with
Jaunty CDs attached and they were all gone within the first couple of hours
of the first day of the convention (it seemed to be the only thing on the
flyer table that people actually wanted). Over 15,000 people attended in
2009 and the number goes up every year. Convention goers are a great target
audience who are very open minded and receptive to Ubuntu. This year, we'd
like to get a booth in the dealer's room, but unfortunately, there are no
discounts for non-profits. We already had some ideas on what we will offer:

   - Freebies (distribute them in registration bags so that *every single
   convention attendee* receives one *)
      - Ubuntu LiveCDs with
stickers<http://lh4.ggpht.com/_PtyHEChBKZw/Sj3sclMkciI/AAAAAAAAZ-U/-ez9qqW9aOk/s800/IMG_4595.JPG>
referring
      to our LoCo and System76
      - Copies of the Ubunchu
manga<http://doctormo.wordpress.com/2009/04/02/ubunchu-the-ubuntu-manga-is-now-in-english/>
      - Bochures on Ubuntu, System76, and our LoCo
   - Sell USB drives with Ubuntu loaded on them *
   - Raffle/auction a customized System76 laptop with laser-etched Anime
   Boston design and anime themes *
   - Sell some System76 computers with anime themes (wallpapers from
here<http://embraceubuntu.com/2007/04/11/ubuntu-tan-wallpapers-make-up-for-missing-ubuntu-mascot/>and
   here<http://doctormo.wordpress.com/2009/06/20/seotch-and-cquels-wallpapers/>)
   *
   - Sell other Ubuntu merchandise *
   - Get everything on video (i have a full HD camcorder)
   - Make Ubuntu the preferred OS for anime lovers!

* needs additional funding

This has a lot of potential so please write back if you're interested in a
partnership for the event!

Thank You!
.danny

--