[ubuntu-us-ma] Arisia Convention part three

felicia wichrowski felicia02652 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 17:32:58 BST 2009

*Hey Martin,*
* I Love the "Your computer, your way" logo...we all should be using it as a
badge on our personal sites*.   *Perhaps we should invest in signage that we
use from event to event (Do we have much now?)  The Arisia website has
pretty good info and the dealer liasions are super helpful.  Because work is
nuts I have not studied the entire website yet, but I applied as a dealer
and joined the association.  I believe these are the two steps that the loco
needs to do.   Sharing space between two vendors is allowed, but we must
both be approved.*  *Understabably they don't want some weirdos in there
selling Hitler's old pocket knife or fireworks.*

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 10:49 AM, Martin Owens <doctormo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Felicia,
>
> I'm very excited to here about movement on yet another great sci-fi
> event. This is exactly the kind of exposure event I love doing.
>
> On Tue, 2009-08-25 at 09:48 -0400, felicia wichrowski wrote:
> >
> >   It would be much appreciated if you could give me more tips along
> > the way, like the sign info, what you've seen that was cool, and what
> > you wish vendors would do. This is going to be a great time for
> > everyone.    Thanks Bill, I look forward to spending time with you
> > guys and pulling this event together!.
>
> Signs are very important, nice big ones. I'm starting to think that we
> should have several different sizes and forms for events and then pick
> from them the best ones for the LoCo.
>
> Can you confirm if the people who runt he show would be ok with vendors
> sharing space? would they prefer the local community group to apply by
> its self as a volunteer/event type thing?
>
> You see Pi-Con lets us come because we offer something interesting to
> the mix of people and events there. It's always interesting having a few
> more computer geeks with software CDs.
>
> Martin,

Felicia

CapesTreasures.com  now on Facebook