Interesting article

Ralph deGennaro rmdegennaro at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 06:49:15 BST 2008

Hi,

I love the idea.  And would really like to stuff my existing job if I (and
others) could get to what he talks about.

The hardest part (well there are many hard parts, but the hardest) is
centered around this quote:
"Who supports the interested individual when they find themselves in a bind?
This one is key – if you're not willing to support the OS in this venue, do
not bother promote it."

Even his other comments about business versus non-profit reign true.  I had
the idea of a "confederacy" of businesses around for the Boston area.
Bringing FOSS to the local community in different way then install fests and
the like.  If many consultants/small business in FOSS could pool resources
and efforts to be seen, relevant, and as capable as the big companies it
would be something.

Anyways, its 1:50AM, my eyes and head are bleary from data manipulation and
I'm surprised my head hasn't hit the keyboard or written something stupid.
Or maybe it has....

G'night all,
Rio