Upcoming Meeting

Ralph deGennaro rmdegennaro at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 14:54:22 BST 2008

Hi all,

Danny, thanks for putting up the email I sent as the meeting notes.  And
thanks for the offering to do the meeting minutes.

Did anyone think of any places for the Street Showcase?  Some other
thoughts:

   - Potentially I could use my old laptop that my girlfriend is using.  I
   think I broke the wireless on the Ubuntu side a bit back though.
   - The place would have to be near wireless we could "borrow" or have
   access to for a while.  I've heard that all Panara Bread's offer free
   wireless.  Anyone know of one that is in a good location?  Or a cafe in a
   good location, and we just all chip in for a few hours of internet time?
   - I might be able to get a hold of projector, as long as I can guarantee
   its secure (even if that just means I sit next to it all the time).
   - I might be able to convince a friend who doe a/v editing to film with
   his digital camera.  Might be a good opportunity to show him Linux
   equivalents.

For the Mom & Pop idea, I've kinda slammed at work.  I haven't forgotten
about the idea.  I just haven't had time to do much more then some quick
searches.  Hopefully I will get my head above water by the weekend.  And
some type of package will start to form.

Oh, and layout the few places I know of already.  Someone out there has got
to know of some places that aren't in my usual travels.... anyone?

Best,
Rio