Fw: Ubuntu for libraries
doctormo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 21:02:40 GMT 2008
I could give you figures if you tell me what kind of development you'd
like to do.
If your creating a new distro:
1) Check to see if there is already one with the same aims.
2) Identify the major differences between standard Ubuntu and what you
3) Identify other interested groups from around the world, mostly
already involved in the ubuntu community.
4) Production of location, a website (designer, programmer and hosting
5) Production of graphics and design (designer required)
6) Production of any extra tools or packages not available (programmer
7) Production of CD ISO with all the required packages and media
Best Regards, Martin Owens
On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 12:31 -0800, Enchanted Visions wrote:
> So Kathy and I have been working on this Ubuntu for libraries idea for
> a bit. We are going to need some developers, time frame, and overall
> cost. I have suggested that the group might be interested in taking
> this project on and she would like to make it to one of our monthly
> meetings. I am not a skilled developer or anything so I wouldn't know
> how to answer her question. could one of the team leaders possible
> contact her and give her the 411 on when our next meeting is and if we
> think that we could possible help her out.
> Thanks everyone.
More information about the Ubuntu-us-ma