Offical CD Arrive

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 18:59:09 GMT 2008

Hello everyone,

Every release we not only have a fantastic release party (thanks goes to
Jason for organising and Sarah for a fantastic cake) but we request a
new shipment of CDs with which we can install the latest Ubuntu for
people.

This year we are lucky to get a good shipment of CDs for our first batch,
testament I think to how much we do as a LoCo compared to others in the world.

230 x Ubuntu Desktop CD
50 x Kubuntu CD
50 x Ubuntu-Server 32bit CD
50 x Ubuntu-Server 64bit CD
1 x Display Holder
10 x Stickers

So, now that we have these resources for this release. Start thinking about
how we can best use them before the holiday season. Don't forget that if
we wait until Christmas is over before doing anything the next release (9.04)
will be out very shortly.

If you know of businesses/schools who are trying Ubuntu-Server; or if you know of a
scheme to introduce 200 people to Ubuntu Desktop. Or perhaps Yuiry knows of 50 people
in need of Kubuntu.

The first thing I'll be doing is giving 40 to the South End Tech Center. I believe MIT
Media Lab should still be getting some from Mako, let me know if that's a mistake and
I'll send some your way too.

Best Regards, Martin Owens