The Business Plan

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 05:06:29 GMT 2008

Greetings Everyone,

Following our great meeting on Thursday, our next "Exploration Ubuntu"
event will be May 24th 2008 and the focus (for we do have one) is to
appeal to the local tech businesses, all those computer shops, one man
computer repair outfits and support centers.

Now we will invite each one of them using printed cards mailed to
their addresses, I will make the designs and post them for approval by
the group.

Now this part is VERY VERY important, I can't stress how importantly I
need your help here.

What I need for each person is the absolutely mind bogglingly boring
task of getting each one of these business names, phone numbers and
full addresses transcribed from your local phone books to a
spreadsheet, below is the desired format. You must go to the computer
section, computer helpers, support geeks and select out at least 50
names, then post a message to the mailing list informing everyone else
of the phone books area and what the start and end names are so we can
work together. then post your results on the wiki here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam/Research/Businesses

The format is basic, Name of the business, name of the owner or
contact, phone number, address. that's it.

Please Please, if you want to help Ubuntu in this state help us do
this task for your area. I will be posting soon about the block of
names I will do and I want Mike Rushton to also do a block from his
Lowell phone book.

Thanks for your help guys.

Best Regards, Martin Owens