Ubuntu 8.04 - Hardy Heron

J.M. "Peng" Hardin peng.thinkblue at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 03:19:19 GMT 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 11:04 PM, leftyfb <leftyfb at left-click.org> wrote:

> So who has installed it? What do you like/not like about it? I have it
> running and love it. There are a few bugs here and there, but i'm hoping
> they'll all be worked out by next month.
>
> leftyfb

I've got Hardy running too. It seems a bit smoother, except for the
occasional crash but that doesn't even seem to be closing the program that
triggered the crash so it's pretty cool. It also seems a little quicker than
Gutsy, so I assume once all of the updates get checked in things should be
even better.

I'm not crazy about getting so many updates with the change list being
unavailable, but since I get emails when new packages are checked in it's
just a matter of letting Gmail find the package updates and seeing what's
what. I'm very disappointed with Firefox 3 being the default browser, but
anyone who's seen my blog or my forum posts know about that. It may be
better than Fx2, but when Mozilla constantly says it's not for use by
everyone who are we to make it the default for every Tom, Dick and Harriet
who run Hardy once it gets released but before Fx3 gets released (now *
possibly* in June). I foresee a ton of support calls just because of how
much has changed in Fx3, not to mention how many extensions and themes won't
be updated to run with Fx3 yet.

All in all (except for the Fx3 issue) I'm glad I made the update. I can't
wait until I can tell people to check out the final release.

--
J.M. "Peng" Hardin
My Blog: http://nancib.wordpress.com/