Next meeting/installfest

Brian DeLacey bdelacey at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 20:21:25 GMT 2008

For the April Hardy Exploration, if there's interest, I could demo Ubuntu
being used in Ruby / Rails development. This could be a Q&A with live /
running code showing:

   - Ruby development IDEs and tools running on client-side Ubuntu
   - A Ubuntu Rails "server" (with Ruby/JRuby, MySQL, Java, JavaScript
   etc.)
   - Testing and deployment demo - showing a local intranet-based Ubuntu
   server as a  test and how to deploy to an ISP running Ubuntu in production
   - The end result is an Ubuntu-powered web-app for desktops and mobile
   devices.

-- Brian

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 7:49 PM, Martin Owens <doctormo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Theresa can you also make sure the agenda is up to date and can
> everyone else email theresa about what you want to talk about.
>
> Items I know of:
>
>  * April Hardy "Exploration: Ubuntu" Party (also our release party?)
>  * Release Party
>  * Electing a PR person (maybe impossible) but at least get someone to
> write a press release.
>  * Tentative talk to give to Neuton schools advisory commity about
> what open and free software is.
>  * Money made from t-shirt sales, records.
>

> On 29/02/2008, leftyfb <leftyfb at left-click.org> wrote:
> >

> >  --

Brian