Extra info on Desktop icons ?? Fwd: say, what?

Aaron Haviland orion at parsed.net
Thu Jul 24 02:38:17 BST 2008

Bill Ricker wrote, on Jul 23, 2008 at 08:28 EDT:
> How did my friend Mike get into this situation?
>   -- Bill

I couldn't say *how* he got into it, but I can tell you how to get out...

> --
> Bill
> n1vux at arrl.net bill.n1vux at gmail.com

In a nautilus window, in the menus, go to Edit->Preferences, click on the Display
tab, and under "Icon Captions"
He probably has the first dropdown box set to "Type" instead of "None"

Of course, that's in 8.04. I don't know if that changed between it and 7.10.

--
Aaron Haviland